For access to all vXchnge facilities, Customer is required to comply with vXchnge’s general security procedures (see the section entitled “Security and Emergency Procedures” later in this document). Approved access to vXchnge facilities is restricted to those individuals whose names have been provided by the Customer and in turn, enrolled in the access control system at permitted locations.
Upon execution and implementation of an Agreement with vXchnge, and receipt by vXchnge of the Customer Contact Information form (CCI), provided to Customers as part of the onboarding process, those names identified on the CCI will be granted access to the appropriate vXchnge Data Centers. Customers may add or remove names to its CCI by making changes through in\site, the vXchnge customer platform, or submitting the CCI form at the following email address: cciupdates@vXchnge.com. Customers are welcome to enter the vXchnge facilities in order to install, operate or maintain their equipment, and conduct business as outlined in the Agreement. vXchnge will not permit access to the Data Center if a representative of your company does not have a valid Customer Contact Information (CCI) form authorization on file or does not have data center access authorization within in\site. All CCI form updates must be submitted by the person(s), who is/are authorized to update CCI information (“Contact Administrators”), at least 24 hours in advance of their security registration process.
Access can be granted to contractors and other third parties through in\site by Master Administrators, users who have the ‘User can grant temporary Data Center access to others’ option enabled, or by users authorized to create Site Access Support tickets. When creating Site Access tickets, a start and end time for access must be entered, and the name of the individual(s) must be submitted. Upon submitting the ticket, a confirmation will be sent to your email.
vXchnge provides access to its facilities 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. The right of entry is in accordance with any additional policies and procedures identified by the management of the buildings in which vXchnge facilities are housed (e.g., certain entry doors, stairways or elevators that must be used, or building sign-in procedures). During such visits, Customers may inspect their equipment and the immediate area(s) where their equipment is located and work on their equipment.
Customers are obligated to follow vXchnge policy when receiving access:
- All customer personnel who wish to access the facility must be registered with the vXchnge Access Control System.
- No one under 18 years of age is allowed in the Data Center.
- All visitors are required to use both their pin code and biometric device in order to enter the facility (for facilities employing both biometric and PIN codes).
- All visitors are required to enter their pin code (if applicable) in order to EXIT the Data Center (for facilities employing both biometric and PIN codes). Failure to do so will activate the security alarm.
- A Certificate of Insurance for both General Liability and Workers Compensation must be on file with accounting before the customer can be registered in our security system (see co-location contract).
- The “authorized person” can authorize new/additional personnel to enter the data center through the User Management module within in\site.
- An “authorized person” must grant access through in\site or submit a CCI authorization form for a particular user before that user gaining access to a vXchnge facility.
- To cancel or reassign access, the “authorized person” must remove access or delete the user from within in\site.
- Presenting a valid government-issued photo identification is required to access the facility.
- Each authorized representative will be supplied with her/his own unique access code linked to their biometric data.
- All visitors and guests of the facility are required to sign the Data Center Visitor Log to acknowledge vXchnge’s non-disclosure statements before entering the data center.
- No “Tailgating.” Please do not allow anyone to enter secure access doors when entering or existing said areas.