The following vXchnge Policies are adopted for operational efficiency, security and safety of all Customers. vXchnge has implemented a multilevel security system, in order to ensure your safety and the security of your installation. Complying with all security rules is important.
- Customers must adhere to the vXchnge Data Center Customer Access Policy (page 5). Customers are encouraged to report any unusual activity to OSSC staff.
- Please familiarize yourself with the emergency exit doors of the Data Center. Emergency exits are to be used in case of emergency only.
- Customer is aware and accepts that all access and movement in the Data Center will be electronically recorded and archived.
- Customer shall comply with all safety, fire protection and evacuation regulations established by vXchnge or any applicable governmental agency.
- Customer assumes all risks from theft or vandalism to their equipment within the Data Center and agrees to keep its premises (e.g., cabinets, cages) locked as required.
- The facilities will be open for customer access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except in the event of an emergency. Advance notice will be provided to Customers concerning any scheduled maintenance that may interfere with customer’s access to or use of the customer’s space.
- The vXchnge facilities will be in substantial compliance with all applicable laws and local codes.
- Emergency contact information will be provided for the customer to use in the event of an emergency or other need as identified by Customers.
- vXchnge will restrict unauthorized access to the facilities and to the customer’s space.
Customer & Visitor Responsibilties
- Each customer will comply with all security procedures relating to vXchnge facilities. No customer or its agent may attempt to gain fraudulent access to the vXchnge facilities.
- Upon a customer’s entry into the site, vXchnge may (at its discretion) accompany customer inside the site and may (at its discretion) remain with the customer for the entire time that customer is in the site. However, Customer will have privacy when within their contracted space, and vXchnge will maintain sufficient distance from a customer at such times as to not have access to customer’s legitimate activities and confidential information.
Visitor Authorization and Identification
- Customers can designate a Primary Security Authorization contact on their initial Access List. The Primary Security Authorization contact will be contacted for approval whenever an unauthorized visitor requests access.
- All requests for visits by minors (under 18 years old) must receive prior approval from the vXchnge OSSC and a member of Site Operations Management.
- vXchnge may access any customer’s space as needed during an emergency; and as needed to perform those services necessary for the use of the site by Customer. vXchnge will not touch, maintain, use, upgrade, repair or operate customer’s equipment, except in an emergency or unless authorized by a customer’s Remote Hands technical support request.
- Notwithstanding that Customer may have been permitted to install additional security or monitoring devices for its cage, Customer may not disable or override physical access measures, such as locks or keys, vXchnge uses to access the space in the events discussed herein.
Other Security Policies
- Some vXchnge Data Centers employ proximity card access systems. In these cases, vXchnge will furnish the Customer free of charge with two keys and two pass cards to each door in the Space and, as required, to the Building. vXchnge may make a reasonable charge for any additional keys and pass cards. Customer upon the termination of its tenancy shall deliver to vXchnge the keys and pass cards of all doors which have been furnished to Customer, and in the event of loss of any keys or pass cards so furnished, shall pay vXchnge therefore. Customer shall not make or have made additional keys, and Customer shall not alter any locks or install a new or additional lock or bolt on any door of its space/premises without written notification and approval by vXchnge.
- vXchnge may from time to time, in its reasonable judgment, adopt appropriate systems and procedures for the security or safety of the Building and/or Space, any persons occupying, using, or entering the same, or any equipment, furnishings, or contents thereof, and Customer shall comply with vXchnge’s reasonable requirements relative thereto.
- Visitors may not bring any unauthorized recording devices (cameras, video recorders, etc.) into the Data Center. Customers in private cages may request in advance that vXchnge staff take photographs of their cage/equipment during a scheduled visit.
- All bags and packages brought into or removed from the facility are subject to search by vXchnge security personnel.
- No firearms or weapons of any type may be brought into the facility.
- All visitors to vXchnge Data Centers should be aware that the centers are under 24-hour video surveillance.
- Two-way radios may not be used in the facility.
- Customers may not have any wireless communications access points installed in the data center without written approval from vXchnge.