Support requests are primarily created through the vXchnge Customer Support Platform, in\site. Customers may also place requests by phone or e-mail using the contact information found in this Handbook. Only authorized personnel may request technical support from vXchnge Operations. Please see “Data Center Fact Sheets” in section XV for your facilities support contact details.
Before requesting for help, please consider the following points:
- Has the problem occurred more than once? If not, power-off and restart your computer and modem, then try again.
- Were any changes applied (by you or anyone else) to your computer's hardware and software configuration before the onset of the problem? If so, be prepared to describe in detail.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms of the problem as well as the sequence of events surrounding it. Vague descriptions such as "It doesn't work!" or "I can't dial out!" are not usually helpful when diagnosing a technical problem.
- Were any error messages displayed? If so, write down the exact text of the message.
- What events immediately preceded the problem (i.e., exactly what were you doing when the problem occurred)?
- What events immediately followed the problem (i.e., did you change anything in your efforts to fix it)?
- Be prepared to provide the name and version number of operating system and application software installed on your computer.
- The better information you can provide, the more likely your problem can be resolved in timely fashion.