In order to connect to the in\site system, so that you can begin making API calls, you must first create a unique set of credentials under the User Management area of in\site.
How to create in\site API credentials:
- Login to in\site with an account that has the Master Admin role or User Manager access.
- Open the User Management area.
- Click New User in the upper right.
- Enter a first name and last name for the account, such as in\site API, or something similar to help easily identify the account that will be used to make API calls.
- Enter a unique email address to use for the account.
- Since at least one phone number is required for all new users that you create, enter any phone number into one of the phone number fields.
- Enable the User will be used exclusively for the in\site API option under User Permissions.
- Click OK to confirm this account will be used only for the in\site API and will not be able to login to in\site like other users.
- Next, enable the in\site Access permission and disable the Send welcome email option if it is available.
- Enter the password that you would like to use with the API account and then re-enter it in the Confirm Password field.
- Specify the areas of in\site to which you want to grant the account access. To grant access to all areas, you can select the Master Admin user role, or you can enable individual authorizations as needed.
- Click Submit to create the account.
You are now ready to begin using this email address and password to Login to the in\site system to run API calls.